Get your daily digest of crypto-asset and blockchain-related news – by investigating stories that fly under the radar in today’s crypto news.
- Struggling crypto lender Celsius Network (CEL) announcement that they “continue to take significant steps” to preserve and protect assets and explore options, which include pursuing strategic transactions as well as restructuring liabilities, among other avenues.
- Simon Dixon, the founder of the online investment platform BnkToTheFuture, said this Celsius has contacted him and is thinking about the best way to help him. They are offer three proposals for their community, leaving it up to them to decide which path the platform will take.
- Online brokerage eToro and the special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) that agreed to go public are considering letting their merger deadline pass without closing the deal, The Information reportedciting an undisclosed person familiar with the matter.
- investment company VanEck deposit a new app for a cash bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF), called the VanEck Bitcoin Trustwith the United States Security and Exchange Commission.
- DeFi Protocol MoHash raised $6 million in seed funding to provide access to global capital and debt liquidity issued by non-bank lenders using DeFi as a tool.
Stable Coins News
- Stable Coins Issuer Attached (USDT) announcement that it reduced its commercial paper portfolio by approximately 58%. It currently holds $8.4 billion of those holdings, of which $5 billion will expire on July 31, with the goal of bringing that number down to zero, the company said.
- Crypto platform Blockchain.com and crypto derivatives exchange deribitatecreditors of Capital of the Three Arrows (3AC), are cooperating with ongoing investigations into the troubled crypto hedge fund, by Bloomberg. According to a spokesperson for Blockchain.com, 3AC “has defrauded the crypto industry” and the company has requested the immediate liquidation of all 3AC’s global assets as it intends to “hold them accountable across the board.” measure of the law”.
- Ricardo “Fluffypony” Spagni, former Monero (XMR) maintenance manager, abandonment July 5 in the United States Marshals Service for extradition to South Africa, where he faces US$10,000 fraud charges against his former employer, Cape Town Cookies. South African officials will be on hand to “effect his arrest”.
- United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) accused Cornelius Johannes Steynberg and company International Trading Mirror (MTI) for fraud and registration violations for creating and managing a global currency commodity pool, valued at more than $1.7 billion, which only accepted bitcoin (BTC) to buy a stake.
- United States justice department (MJ) announcement criminal proceedings against:
- Le Anh Tuan for conspiracy to commit wire fraud and conspiracy to commit international money laundering through a rug-pulling scheme that included a so-called “Baller Ape” NFT.
- Emerson Pires, Flavio Goncalves and Joshua David Nicholas in conspiracy to commit wire fraud and securities fraud in a global crypto-based Ponzi scheme called EmpiresX which generated about $100 million from investors, according to the statement.
- Michael Alan Stollery, CEO and Founder of Titanium Blockchain Infrastructure Services (TBIS), an alleged crypto investment platform, for securities fraud involving the initial coin offering of TBIS, which raised approximately $21 million from investors in the United States and abroad. ‘foreign.
- David Saffron, the owner of the crypto investment platform Society Circleclaiming he used it to solicit investors to participate in an unregistered commodity pool and fraudulently raised approximately $12 million from investors.
- New York, USA, officials denied required air permit renewals at the Generation Greenidge powerhouse on the grounds that its Bitcoin mining operations posed a threat to the state’s climate goals, by The Associated Press. The company said it would continue to operate under its current license while challenging the decision, she added.
- The main developers of Ethereum (ETH) spear the Gray Glacier upgrade, once again pushing back the Ice Age/Difficulty bombshell by roughly 100 days, with no other changes implemented.
- Decentralized application store (dapp) DappRadar announcement a cross-chain token staking mechanism for their native Token RADAR, allowing users to claim their staking rewards on any blockchain.
- Coinbase refuse reports that it is selling a suite of features, used to track and identify crypto users, in the US Immigration and Customs. They stated that their Coinbase Tracer tools are designed to support compliance and help investigate financial crimes like money laundering and terrorist financing, by sourcing information from public sources, and that they do not do not use Coinbase user data.
- CoinFLEX said that it is in talks with investors about a token sale for its Recovery Value USD (rvUSD) token and that commitments are increasing, but withdrawals will remain suspended until the token sale is fully engaged.
- Eurozone annual inflation is expected to be 8.6% in June 2022, from 8.1% in May, according at a flash estimate of Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union. A more precise figure for the month is expected to be released on July 19.