Subletter Examiner | Forest Service Seeks Local Resource Advisory Committee Members


JACKSON — The US Forest Service is seeking interested individuals for the Bridger-Teton Resource Advisory Committee (RAC). Application forms must be received by Tuesday, November 15 and can be submitted electronically or at any Bridger-Teton National Forest office.
The CCR will be composed of 15 members representing a wide range of interests. The committee’s duties include reviewing proposed land management projects on or near the Bridger-Teton National Forest. The committee recommends projects for funding and is responsible for coordinating with land management agencies and county officials. These task forces are authorized under the Safe Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act.
The four-year term would begin upon his appointment by the Secretary of Agriculture. Committee members serve without compensation, but may be reimbursed for their travel expenses. Members must be residents of Wyoming and understand that the projects under consideration will be in Sublette and Lincoln counties. Meetings take place at least once (and between 1 to 4 meetings) during the year.
The 15 members of the Bridger-Teton RAC will be split evenly among three categories. There will also be one alternate non-voting member in each category. Alternates attend all meetings and are prepared to take on a permanent position should the occasion require. The United States Secretary of Agriculture will make appointments to the RAC based on nominations received, striving to appoint a diverse composition. Particular consideration will be given to those who have demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively with others of different viewpoints.

Category A: * Groups of organized workers or harvesters of non-timber forest products * Outdoor recreation, off-road vehicles, developed commercial recreation * Energy and mining development * Commercial or recreational fishing * Commercial timber industry * Federal grazing permit holders or holders of land use permits within the RAC Region.

Category B : * Nationally recognized environmental organizations * Regionally or locally recognized environmental organizations * Scattered recreation * Archaeological and historical interests * Nationally or regionally recognized wild horse or donkey groups, wildlife or hunting or watershed associations.

Category C: * State elected office holders * County or local elected officials * Native American tribal representatives of tribes in or near RAC areas * School officials or teachers * Residents representing the general public concerned.

Those interested in applying for RAC membership are encouraged to retrieve an application form (AD 755) online at Bridger-Teton National Forest – Advisory Committees ( or any local Forest Service office. Applications should be received by Bridger-Teton National Forest, Big Piney Ranger District, ATTN: Gregory Brooks-RAC, 10418 US Highway 189, Big Piney, Wyo., 83113. For electronic correspondence, email [email protected].


Comments are closed.